Fees are payable at the time of service delivery by EFTPOS, credit card or direct debit. Cash payments will not be accepted.
For some services advance payment is required, including writing of reports and support letters, diagnostic assessments and school observations. Following fees apply:
– Individual adult or child therapy session of 55 minute duration – $200
– 3-hour school observation including travel time – $485
– Preparation of reports or letters, phone consultations etc. will be billed at the session rate at a pro-rata basis.
– Diagnostic assessment of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including a standardised developmental interview (ADI-R) and observational assessment (ADOS-2), a feedback session and a written report: $1400. Initial sessions with parents and the child,and a school observation are not included in this fee.
Following Medicare rebates are available:
– If you have been referred by your GP under a Mental Health Treatment Plan (MHTP), you are eligible for up to 10 rebated sessions per calendar year. The Medicare rebate for a standard consultation is $124.50. If you have a MHTP please bring it to your first session.
– Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)- rebates for children:
If your child is under 13 years of age and has been referred for a diagnostic assessment of ASD by a paediatrician or psychiatrist or GP, up to four claims can be made with a Medicare rebate of $84.80 per session.
If your child is under 15 years of age and has been referred by a paediatrician or psychiatrist or GP for psychological treatment related to a diagnosis of ASD, up to 20 rebated sessions can be claimed, with a rebate of $84.80 per session.
PRIVATE HEALTH COVER
If you have private health insurance and are covered for psychological services you may be eligible for reimbursement by your private health fund. Please note that it is your responsibility to claim reimbursement from your private health fund.
If you need to cancel or postpone your appointment, please kindly contact Heart & Mind Clinical Psychology at least 24 hours (one business day) prior to your appointment time via phone or email. Failure to give 24 hours’ notice of cancellation will result in a $100 cancellation fee being charged.
Covid-19 and Telehealth session
If you have a current mental health treatment plan you can access Medicare rebated Telehealth sessions (video link) or via telephone.